In this recipe you will learn how to make a easy flatbread pizza perfect for the kids. This recipe is a simple way to make “pizza” in a pinch. My kids love it because they don’t have to wait long to get fed! Flatbread gives off all the good pizza vibes, without having the hassle of the dough, sauce and the long cook time.
I WANT TO BE A KID AGAIN!
All of the recipes in the Kids Cuisine section are recipes that the kids can help prepare/make. It’s important for kids to learn how to create healthy and delicious meals for themselves. Having them do small task such as shredding the cheese or placing the pepperoni on the flatbread, gives them ownership of their dish. This will make them more likely to want to eat the entire thing, because they made it! Enjoy your time with the kiddos and help them become more confident in the kitchen! This recipe can be for big kids too. I love dipping this flat bread into Tomato Soup or just eating it solo!
KEY INGREDIENTS FOR FLATBREAD PIZZA
- Mozzarella Cheese– I like to use mozzarella cheese because it has the best stretch factor! It melts really nicely and taste delicious. I use low-moisture mozzarella cheese. I also, like to shred it fresh off the block for the best results.
- Flavored Flat Bread– Buying a flatbread that is pre-flavored is best because it removes one step of seasoning. In this recipe I use a Garlic and Herb Flatbread as the base.
EASY STEPS TO SUCCESS
1. Heat Oven to 400F.
2. Add Mozzarella Cheese, Pepperoni and Italian Seasoning to Flatbread .
3. Cook at 400F for 15 minutes until golden and bubbly.
4. Remove and cut into strips or triangles.
5. Dip and enjoy with Tomato Soup or your favorite warm marinara sauce.
TIPS FOR A SUCCESSFUL FLATBREAD
- Cook your Flatbread on a pizza stone– Even though this is not a full pizza, it is still better when there is a crunch factor from the bread. The pizza stone helps the bottom of the bread crisp up.
- Switch up the toppings– You can get creative with the toppings. Ask the kids what they want to put on. They may surprise you. My son asked for anchovies one time! Other great toppings for flatbread pizza are; chicken, sausage, chopped bacon, green peppers, olives, sun-dried tomatoes, basil, prosciutto, etc.
- Eat it while it is hot– Just like any pizza, this flatbread pizza is best served hot. Take care not to burn the roof of your mouth with the cheese though!
Yes you can cook flatbread pizza on the grill. Cook with the lid off until the bread is crisp and the cheese is melted. This will take about 5-10 minutes.
If you are going for a quick and easy meal store bought flatbread will do just fine. If you are looking for an authentic and homemade flatbread, then homemade is the way to go. It will take a little more time to prepare.
MORE CONTENT YOU MIGHT LIKE
Easy Flatbread Pizza Perfect for Kids
- 1 Store bought Flatbread Garlic and Herb
- 2 c. Mozzarella Cheese shredded
- 1 Package of Pepperoni
- Italian Seasoning
- Grated Parmesan Cheese for garnish
- Tomato Soup for dipping optional
- Marinara sauce for dipping optional
- Heat Oven to 400F.
- Add Mozzarella Cheese, Pepperoni and Italian Seasoning to Flatbread .
- Cook at 400F for 15 minutes until golden and bubbly.
- Garnish with Parmesan Cheese
- Remove and cut into strips or triangles.
- Dip and enjoy with Tomato Soup or your favorite warm marinara sauce.
Sausage – you can brown your sausage in the skillet then place it as a topping.
Bacon – chop your bacon up very finely so it spreads out over the top of the entire flatbread.
Vegetables -I like to chop the vegetables finally if I’m adding them. The kids are less likely to pick them off if they’re finally cut.