Sometimes simple is KEY! Fresh mozzarella, ripe tomatoes and fresh garden basil, you can’t go wrong.
Who can resist that CRUNCHY yet SOFT Baguette?!?!
CAPRESE SALAD IS A CLASSIC
I’m here is inspire the simple side of things. This is a classic that never steers you wrong as long as you have those fresh ingredients. I could eat this salad as my entire meal. Sometimes something simple at the end of a long day is what you need.
KEY ITEMS FOR A PERFECT CAPRESE SALAD
- Perfectly ripe tomatoes– whether your going big or small tomatoes for your Caprese salad, make sure that they are ripe and firm.
- Fresh Mozzarella– Take a few minutes in the specialty cheese section of the grocery store. Pick a nice mozzarella cheese for your salad. Any size or style of mozzarella can work for your Caprese.
- Balsamic Glaze– You can find this in the oil section of the grocery store. It give the salad a nice rich flavor.
STEPS FOR EASY CAPRESE SALAD WITH PROSCIUTTO
1.Cut your fresh mozzarella and tomatoes into ¼ in slices.
2. On your plate layer each ingredient into a circle or lines. Mozzarella, tomato, basil leaf, prosciutto.
3. Once your circle is complete, drizzle your entire salad with olive oil and balsamic glaze.
4. Add your seasoning of fresh cracked black pepper, and kosher salt
5. Slice your baguette into ¼ in rounds and place on a sheet pan.
6. Drizzle the baguette with some olive oil.
7. Bake baguette at 375F for 10 minutes or until slightly golden.
8. Enjoy your Caprese Salad with your toasted Baguette.
TIPS FOR A SUCCESSFUL CAPRESE SALAD
- Get creative! If you do not want to layer the salad as shown, you can dice all of the ingredients and mix them in a bowl. Its YOUR preference!
- Keep mozzarella and prosciutto refrigerated until you are ready to assemble and serve your caprese salad.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CAPRESE
Caprese can be served as an appetizer, light lunch or a salad with dinner.
MORE CONTENT YOU MIGHT LIKE:
- Vegetable and Sausage Bow Tie Pasta
- Easy Tomato Soup
Caprese Salad with Prosciutto
- 8 oz. Fresh Mozzarella Ball
- 2 Large Heirloom Tomatoes or any variety
- 20 Fresh Basil Leaves
- 3 oz. Thinly sliced Prosciutto
- Balsamic Glaze for drizzling
- Olive Oil for drizzling
- Fresh Cracked Black Pepper
- Kosher Salt
- 1-2 Fresh Baguettes
- 1.Cut your fresh mozzarella and tomatoes into ¼ in slices.
- 2.On your plate, layer each ingredient into a circle or lines. Mozzarella, tomato, basil leaf, prosciutto.
- Once your circle is complete, drizzle your entire salad with olive oil and balsamic glaze.
- Add your seasoning of fresh cracked black pepper, and kosher salt
- Slice your baguette into ¼ in rounds and place on a sheet pan.
- Drizzle baguette with some olive oil.
- Bake baguette at 375F for 10 minutes or until slightly golden.
- Enjoy your caprese salad with your toasted baguette.
2 thoughts on “Caprese Salad with Prosciutto”
This was brilliant!
What a nice light dish, and not too heavy. Good good-baby!